Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
The Continuing Education Unit, or CEU, is designed as a uniform unit of measurement to facilitate the accumulation and exchange of standardized information about individual participation in non-credit continuing education courses. One CEU is defined as 10 clock-hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.
At the end of each fall and spring semester, a Dean’s List will be published that includes the names of all students who have achieved a semester grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or better and:
- Carried at least six credit hours that semester, or
- Carried at least three credit hours that semester with 24 accumulated credits with a 3.5 grade-point average.
Good Academic Standing
Students are considered to be in Good Academic Standing if they earn a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher each fall or spring semester.
Students who receive a fall or spring semester or cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on Academic Warning.
After a student has attempted more than six credits and has received a fall or spring semester GPA and a cumulative GPA less than a 2.0, the student will be placed on Academic Probation, providing it is not the student’s first semester. Students on Academic Probation are required to meet with an academic advisor in the Office of Student Success for planning the next semester of enrollment. Students will be advised to register for less than 12 credit/load hours during the probationary semester in order to improve their GPA.
A student will be placed on Academic Suspension after:
- Attempting more than 24 credits and
- Receiving Academic Probation for the previous fall or spring semester and
- Having a semester GPA less than 2.0 and
- Having a cumulative GPA less than a 1.5. In order to be reinstated, a student must appear before the Admissions, Financial Aid, and Academic Standing Committee.
A student will be placed on Academic Dismissal if he/she received Academic Suspension the fall or spring semester before and the current semester GPA is less than a 2.0. A student may appeal to the Admissions, Financial Aid, and Academic Standing Committee for reinstatement consideration.