Program Mission: The Chesapeake College PC and Network Management Advanced Certificate provides students with intermediate concepts and skills in microcomputer business and networking systems. The advanced certificate is designed so that students may progress to the PC and Network Management Degree option.
Program Description: The PC and Network Management Advanced Certificate provides students with an adequate understanding of microcomputers and microcomputer networks. Students are offered an opportunity to acquire proficiency in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting microcomputer hardware and software, as well as mastering the principles of microcomputer networks, networking hardware, and networking software. Students can use these skills for immediate entry into a career, or acquire them as an enhancement to existing work related skills. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The PC and Network Management Advanced Certificate program will:
- Prepare students to manage and maintain microcomputer business systems and networks.
- Prepare students to protect business microcomputer systems networks from threat or failure.
- Prepare students for employment in a PC and network management profession or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate management, maintenance, and security of microcomputer business systems and networks.
- Protect microcomputer business systems and networks from threat or failure.
- Independently master emerging technologies.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in the PC & network management
Contact Person: Mr. Ray Diedrichs