Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Business Management Technology Certificate prepares students for entry-level management positions. The certificate is designed so that students may progress to the Business Management Technology Degree Program.
Program Description: The Business Management Certificate was designed to prepare students for entry-level employment and to provide for the development of new skills. Business management courses comprise the major part of the program and include both the theoretical concepts and practical applications needed for success in the field. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Business Management Technology Certificate program will:
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for employment in the management profession or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using industry terminology appropriate in a business setting.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in management situations.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in a business environment.
- Compose and defend a position based on an analysis of a legal brief.
Contact Person: Ms. Gwen Buxbaum
This program has been approved for funding under the Workforce Investment Act. For more information, contact the Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board at: 410-822-1716.