This program of study meets all the General Education Requirements at Chesapeake College.
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Computer Information Systems Degree provides graduates with the preparation to work in a variety of business settings with a skillset grounded in computer technology associated with web page design, social media interaction, and project management. The areas of concentration in Web Design Specialist, Social Media Specialist, or Digital Professional Assistant further allow students to specialize their skillset.
Program Description: The Web Design Specialist Area of Concentration provides students with the concepts and skills to design interactive media and Web pages, and prepares students for employment as Web page/multimedia presentation operators and designers in the business community. The program provides the student with the opportunity to acquire proficiency in web authoring software and microcomputer graphics/multimedia software. Additional business or business-related courses provide the student with a thorough understanding of the employment environment. The fundamental goal is to provide the student with an adequate understanding of microcomputer software and multimedia skills in order to function successfully in a business-oriented, computing environment. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Web Design Specialist Area of Concentration will:
- Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the College’s general education competencies.
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility for functioning in the business world.
- Enable qualified graduates to meet the educational requirements for professional certification in Web Design.
- Prepare students for successful careers in interactive media and Web design or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Create interactive media and web sites with industry standard web-authoring technologies including HTML and CSS.
- Adapt new and emerging technology in the workplace.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in the interactive media and web design environment.
- Apply appropriate industry terminology in the interactive media and web design setting.
Contact Person: Ms. Diana Hill
Pending State Approval