Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Accounting Advanced Certificate provides students with educational opportunities to acquire accounting knowledge, skills and practice to prepare for success in private, public or governmental accounting environments and for continued learning in accounting or related disciplines. The program is also designed for persons who have already acquired a non-accounting degree and are seeking to fulfill the educational requirements for professional certification.
Program Description: The Accounting Advanced Certificate program was designed to provide the student with an in-depth knowledge of accounting theory and practice. It is primarily designed for persons currently working in the industry or persons with degrees seeking certification. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Accounting Advanced Certificate program will:
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Enable qualified students to meet the educational requirements for professional certification.
- Prepare students for employment in the accounting profession or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate industry terminology in the financial setting.
- Analyze and record financial data.
- Communicate financial information.
- Produce analyses that will aid in the management decision-making process.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in an accounting environment.
- Integrate accounting concepts using accounting software to record financial transactions
Gainful Employment Information
Contact Person: Mr. Larry Hearn