Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Accounting Basic Certificate provides students with educational opportunities to acquire basic accounting knowledge, skills and practice to prepare for success in private, public or governmental accounting environments and for continued learning in accounting or related disciplines.
Program Description: The Accounting Basic Certificate was designed to provide, in the shortest possible time, a knowledge of basic accounting skills. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Accounting Basic Certificate program will:
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for entry-level accounting positions or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate industry terminology in the financial setting.
- Analyze and record financial data.
- Communicate financial information.
- Produce analyses that will aid in the management decision-making process.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in an accounting environment.
- Integrate accounting concepts using accounting software to record financial transactions.
Gainful Employment Information
Contact Person: Mr. Larry Hearn