2017-2018 Chesapeake College Catalog
Hotel/Resort Management Certificate (651)
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Hotel/Resort Management Certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for immediate employment in the hospitality and tourism industry. The certificate is designed so that students may progress to the Hotel/Restaurant Management Degree.
Program Description: The Hotel/Resort Management Certificate program provides instruction in a variety of areas required for competence in the hospitality and tourism industry. Instruction includes both theory and practical application and procedures necessary for success in the field. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Hotel/Resort Management Certificate program will:
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for employment in the hospitality and tourism industry or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate industry terminology in the hotel and tourism operations settings.
- Identify professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in the hotel/resort environment.
- Compare and contrast revenue centers and support centers in hospitality organizations.
Gainful Employment Information
Contact Person: Ms. Rita Mielke
This program has been approved for funding under the Workforce Investment Act. For more information, contact the Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board at: 410-822-1716.