This program of study meets all the General Education Requirements at Chesapeake College.
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Computer Information Systems Degree — PC and Network Management Degree Area of Concentration provides students with concepts and skills in microcomputer business and networking systems.
Program Description: The PC and Network Management program provides students with an adequate understanding of microcomputers and microcomputer networks. Students are offered an opportunity to acquire proficiency in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting microcomputer hardware and software, as well as mastering the principles of microcomputer networks, networking hardware, and networking software. Students can transfer the skills and proficiencies acquired in this program to an upper-level institution, use them for immediate entry into a career, or acquire them as an enhancement to existing work-related skills. Additional business and business-related courses in this program provide students with an adequate understanding of the business environment. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The PC and Network Management program will:
- Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the College’s general education competencies.
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students to manage and maintain microcomputer business systems and networks.
- Prepare students to protect business microcomputer systems networks from threat or failure.
- Prepare students for successful careers in PC and network management or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate management, maintenance, and security of microcomputer business systems and networks.
- Protect microcomputer business systems and networks from threat or failure.
- Independently master emerging technologies.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in the PC & network management environment.
Contact Person: Ms. Lanka Elson