Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Drafting and Design Certificate prepares students for employment as entry-level drafters in architectural, engineering, and manufacturing industries.
Program Description: The Drafting and Design Certificate provides the technical knowledge, skills and related subjects needed by draft persons. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Drafting and Design Certificate program will:
- Promote technical competencies, professional knowledge and ethical responsibilities.
- Prepare students for employment in architectural and engineering professions or for further study in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate industry terminology in the engineering technology setting.
- Apply current technologies available in areas such as architecture, drafting and design, electronics, manufacturing, and the building trades.
- Interpret and create drawings (both manually and electronically) for various engineering disciplines.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of industry standards.
- Identify professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in an engineering environment.
- Demonstrate the proper use, care, maintenance, and safety aspects of various tools and equipment used in the many areas of engineering and manufacturing.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the causes of accidents, methods of preventing accidents, personal protection, OSHA and MOSHA rules and regulations.
Gainful Employment Information
This program has been approved for funding under the Workforce Investment Act. For more information, contact the Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board at: 410-822-1716.
For more information, contact:
Director of Skilled Trades