This program of study meets all the General Education Requirements at Chesapeake College.
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Business Management Technology Degree prepares students for mid-management or supervisory positions. Through the use of elective courses, students may concentrate in the areas of agribusiness, finance, management, or marketing.
Program Description: The Business Management Technology Degree program was designed to train managers for industry. Persons who are seeking their first employment in a managerial position and those seeking promotion may benefit from this program. The curriculum includes technical courses in business management and related areas, as well as general education. Instruction will include both theoretical concepts and practical application procedures needed for success in business management. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
Program Goals: The Business Management Technology Degree program will:
- Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the college’s general education competencies.
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for successful careers in management or for further study in the field
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using industry terminology appropriate in a business setting.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in management situations.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning ethical issues that may be present in a business environment.
- Compose and defend a position based on an analysis of a legal brief.
Contact Person: Ms. Gwen Buxbaum
For additional educational opportunities related to this field, see the College’s A.A. degree program in Business Administration or the Business Administration Bachelor’s degree program offered through the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center.For more information, contact the Executive Director for the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center at: 410-827-5761.