This program of study meets all the General Education Requirements at Chesapeake College.
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Business Management Degree program’s mission is to prepare students for a successful career in business. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in today’s dynamic business environment.
Program Description: The Business Management Degree program is designed for students new to the field of business as well as those who are seeking career advancement. The curriculum includes courses in business management and related areas, as well as general education. Instruction will include both theoretical concepts and practical application procedures needed for success in business. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program. The majority of this program can be completed online.
Program Goals: The Business Management Technology Degree program will:
- Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the college’s general education competencies.
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for successful careers in management or for further study in the field
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply management principles as a means to achieve business goals.
- Analyze and utilize marketing concepts and strategies to meet marketing objectives.
- Evaluate professional responsibilities concerning legal and ethical issues in the business environment.
- Apply financial and accounting principles to business management.
Contact Person: Ms. Gwen Buxbaum
For additional educational opportunities related to this field, see the College’s A.A. degree program in Business Administration or the Business Administration Bachelor’s degree program offered through the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center.For more information, contact the Executive Director for the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center at: 410-827-5761.