Award: Associates of Applied Science Degree
Program Mission: The Chesapeake College Computer Science Technology Degree provides students with a foundation in computers and technology that is customizable to their area of interest.
Program Description: The Computer Science Technology program provides students with a foundation in hardware, software, and programming. Students will acquire skills in basic programming, hardware, software, and web design. Students will also develop a working knowledge of ethics and career readiness skills (teamwork, communication, customer service, and professionalism.) for the IT field. In addition to taking the program core courses, students can focus their Computer Science Technology degree with further study based on their choice of electives.
Program Goals: The Computer Science Technology program will:
- Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the College’s general education competencies.
- Promote technical competency, professional knowledge, career readiness, and ethical responsibility.
- Prepare students for certification exams in the technology industry.
- Prepare students for successful careers in the computer science technology field or for further study in the field
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Web – Design and develop for the web.
- Tech – Employ hardware and software in technological scenarios.
- Programming – Apply programming skills to solve problems.
- Career Readiness – Demonstrate career readiness through teamwork, communication, customer service, and professionalism.
Contact Person: Dr. Lanka Elson